At SFE we have a culture of accountability, to both professional goals and personal development. We deliver a premium experience to all members of our team by staying committed to the simple belief that everyone deserves to be treated with dignity and to experience a positive quality of life.
Treat everyone with dignity, take the time to do it right, be impeccable with your words, always do your best, don’t make assumptions, and don’t take things personally.
Finance Office Manager
The Finance Office Manager is responsible for all routine accounting tasks, including but not limited to AP and AR, as well as administrative activities related to office management. In addition, he/ she will be responsible for all Human Resource functions, including maintaining employee records and overseeing payroll. In this role, the Finance Office Manager will also be responsible for comprehensive reporting including progress reports, forecasting, tracking activities, and providing consistent feedback to senior management.
It’s expected that the Finance Office Manager will take pride in his/ her work, act ethically and honestly, and be detail oriented.
General Accounting Payroll
- Responsible for accurate and timely month, quarter, and year-end accounting close process
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting
- Book adjustments that arise from quarterly CPA reviews
- Generate, record, and send out customer invoices via QuickBooks
- Manage and record all incoming payments
- Respond to customer inquiries and follow up on outstanding payments
- Process and review accounts payable as needed
- Respond to vendor inquiries
- Prepare and process expense reports
- Company payroll including interaction with payroll company, new employee set up/removal and 401K administration/remittance
- Calculate and process monthly commissions
- Provide year end, insurance, and any other audit support as required
- Work with management to help develop information flows, policies, procedures, and controls
- Identify and work to obtain cost reductions
- Assist with specific projects such as system implementations and updates, business process improvements and reporting
- Provide operational support to company as needed
- Provide Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis as necessary
- Provide customer service to clients and visitors
- Assist Director of Operations with managing calendars, reporting, and day-to-day tasks
- Manage and order office supply inventory and office equipment
- Administrative tasks as assigned
- Book travel and lodging as needed
- Planning / Organizing – Marshall and manage the use of the support personnel to ensure client programs are running efficiently at all times. Prioritize and plan work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plan for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
- Problem Solving – Identify and resolves problems time efficiently; Gather and analyze information; Develop solutions; Uses reason.
- Written and Oral Communication – Communicate clearly and persuasively both in writing and verbally; Listen and get clarification when necessary; Respond informatively to questions; Expresses self clearly and positively, both verbally and in writing
- Team Player – Be a key player and operate well within the organization; consistently provide positive feedback to team members; be a key contributor to a high-functioning team that is successful and where individuals support one another in an encouraging and positive way; help maintain the upbeat and motivational nature of our culture
- Customer Service – Manage difficult or emotional client situations; Respond promptly to customer needs; Solicit client feedback to improve service; Meet commitments.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; high school diploma required
- >2 years of experience as an Office Manager and/or Finance Manager in a busy office environment with AR/AP responsibilities. Must be results-driven
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong proficiency in MS Office and QuickBooks Online
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact positively with all employees, clients, building management, etc.
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail to ensure tasks are completed thoroughly and correctly
- Detail oriented, well organized and with effective collaboration methods
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
Full time 32-40 Hours ** We can be flexible for the right candidate
Other Skills and Qualifications:
Positive Attitude, Upbeat Personality, Strong Work Ethic, Reliable, Professionalism, “No Job Too Big or Too Small” mindset.
SFE is an equal opportunity employer who prohibits discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.